What is new
Copying Machine 3 is almost a complete rewrite of the previous version. The reason was simple; the development environment it was written in was outdated. It became extremely difficult to incorporate new features.
The most important changes in this version are:
- Two interfaces; simple and advanced.
- User interface is up to date for Windows XP and Vista
- Support for uncompressed TIFF files and PNG files
- Improved PDF export
- Scanning odd and even pages seperately
- OCR; the ability to recognize text (in small portions)
The major changes in beta 2 are:
- Document collections; they make it possible to quickly scan and save document to a folder. It is possible to use different scan settings per folder.
- Support for still image.